What will the Future of the Victoria BC Real Estate Industry Look Like?
In our Real Estate Board (Victoria BC Canada) REALTORS are invited to attend a meeting to discuss and brainstorm what the Real Estate Industry of the Future will look like.
The Future of the Real Estate Industry is clearly a topic that is near and dear to currently about 1,000,000 practitioners all over North America, but one that for some reason we do not really touch on much.
It would appear that more and more the Future of our real estate industry is shaped and determined by Technology providers, our provincial/ state or local licensing entities and 3rd party service providers.
However we do not seem to see much of a clear direction or vision for the future of the Victoria Real Estate Industry, the needed services, etc. etc from the most important parties to the Real Estate Industry....... The Realtors and their Respective Clients.....
Let me point to a few areas in our real estate industry, where we think the so called leaders and service providers in the industry have a totally different direction and priority from what is important for the general public and the real estate practitioners.
- Education and what it should be (before and after licensing) to best assure quality of service and results to the consumer.
- Where are we Adding Value to the Lives and Objectives of our Clients in the future?
- Accountability (agent to agent, agent to consumer, industry to agents and consumers)
- The Numbers of People in the business in any town (how many is to much or too little)
- Part Time or Full Time Agents, and Which is Better for the Consumer
- Compensation Models (traditional and or discounted percentage models, Fee for Service or a Hybrid of the 2)
- Technology (how much, who controls it, who pays for it, and who operates it
- Privacy and Distribution of Information (are we sharing too much or too little)
- 3rd Party Service Providers (who are they really, and who owns and controls the data they host and hold
- What Agency Representation Model is Appropriate for the future (for the benefit of the Consumer)
- How many real estate boards does it take to support a province or state
- What is the point of Real Estate Companies, in the future and who do they serve
As we are pondering our thoughts and concerns about the future of the real estate industry and its future purpose and benefits to the consumer, we are taking a hard look today how we can make sure that we develop the plans, systems and services that we believe will continue to provide the best possible services and results for our clients and in turn for our practice.
We would love to read your thoughts, concerns and ideas, either in this public forum or by submitting your thoughts about what the future of the Victoria real estate industry will look like to us in a confidential email at email@example.com