Home Maintenance Checklist for June.
To keep ongoing home and property maintenance manageable Peter and Linda Pfann have created a short list of suggestions each month as a reminder.
You will find that completing these easy to follow suggestions, will avoid more extensive and expensive repairs in the long run.
- Inspect Windows and Doors for proper operation and any Screens for repairs.
- Check Furnace and Air Exchanger, Heat Pump and or other heat sources, replace filters
- If applicable, have the Septic System checked and cleaned (typically once every 3 years).
- Inspect the condition of the Roof for loose, ripped, missing and or worn out shingles.
- Clean and inspect Gutters and Downspouts.
- Check Yard, for any wind or storm damage, fix fences, sheds, as well as bush and tree trimming.
- Check Home Exterior for deteriorating stucco, flaking paint, mortar crumbling, siding splitting or warping.
- Check Flashing, Vents, Skylights, Chimneys
- Replace batteries of smoke and or carbon monoxide detector.
- Seal Cracks in foundation walls, patio's walkways.
- Clean Refrigerator coils (improves efficiency)
- Check for bird, rodent and insect nests .
- Clean Dryer vent pipe (one of the main causes of fires)
- Check Hot water tank for any signs of leaks or rust forming.
To complete this entire June Home Maintenance Checklist will take less than one day or for some one weekend.
If you do not want to climb on ladders or feel uncomfortable completing some or all of these tasks,
please talk to Peter and Linda Pfann, we have a number of resources that will ensure that you home and yourself are well cared for any time of the year.
With this Home Maintenance Checklist, the work does not have to feel or be a chore, so we hope you have a little Pfunn with it,.
Before you know it, you will be enjoying the fruits of your labour, and will have saved lots of money, time and frustration.
If your need a little reminder what tools you might need to complete the suggested maintenance, please check our Home Maintenance Toolkit.