Peter and Linda Pfann, Realtors in Victoria BC for over 25 years, are often asked about how to best go about making the transition from where you are living today to moving to Victoria BC, Canada, or as we call it “Our Little Corner of Paradise”.
In this, our 1st. instalment of a series of articles about making the big move to Victoria BC, we will give a bit of a quick overview of some key sources of information and assistance in your efforts to find out anything and everything about your possible move to our Beautiful British Columbia Island Retreat.
On our Website, at www.pfanntastic.com we have a number of pages that will offer you information about all the local communities, a little history and general information about each of the 15 municipalities that make up what many refer to as Greater Victoria. The community information by Map is an easy and effective way to learn more about your future home destination.
On our Website we also feature many links to all kinds of resources about a large variety of services, governments, resources, that you may find beneficial in making sure that Greater Victoria is the best place on earth to call home.
Short of actually being in Greater Victoria to really get the feel, the sights, the sounds and the flavour of our region, here are a number of ways to get to know the area as well as possible before you come and visit us.
· Read all about us…… The Victoria Local Daily Newspaper is the Times Columnist and is a great resource for everything about Greater Victoria, including jobs, the arts, politics, worship, schools, culture and just plain fun stuff.
· Hear all about us…… There are a number of local radio stations, but really only one Talk Radio Station, it is called C-Fax (the link is to their online broadcasts). Anything you ever wanted to know about Victoria and what is going on in and around town will be on this radio station, a great way to get to know what is important to Victoria.
· See all about us… Check TV and A Channel are the 2 TV stations in Greater Victoria, although they do not (yet) offer on line video streaming, they are possibly coming soon. Other video resources for information about Victoria are YouTube.
· Get Street Smart....There are 2 very cool ways to find out a lot about Greater Victoria and what services and benefits can be found just by having a little “Pfunn” on line.
o One is called Google Street View, which can be accessed from www.maps.google.ca , then enter a property address and once the map is showing you will see a little button on the left of the maps that says “more” once you click it, it will show the Street view button, once clicked you will see a recent picture of the address at street level and you can literally travel up and down streets and blocks and get a great impression of an entire area, one click at the time.
o The other very Cool tool is Walk Score the great thing about Walk Score is that this web site offers you information about how far away many (not all) of your typical services and businesses are from the address that you enter, complete with all kinds of additional information, it is a great way to find out a lot about how convenient any location is to you specific needs. (the screen shot only shots part of the information.
· Get Property Smart…. Peter and Linda Pfann, Your Greater Victoria Real Estate Specialists and Realtors since 1986, offer 2 excellent ways to receive excellent up to the moment property and market condition updates by email, and specific to your needs and criteria.
o The First tool is our Personalized Property Search system, which provides you with a perfect way to determine what type, size, price and location of properties you would like information about, and you will receive regular updates by email, without pressure, we will never abuse the privilege of being able to assist with your plans.
o The 2nd Tool Is our Pfanntastic Market Snapshot, which in addition to current listings also offers you information about recent sales, expired and cancelled listings together with a larger number of ways to analyze market conditions and trends for your specific location(s) and property types.
· Get Victoriasm…. This is our Blog Site, where we post almost daily about all kinds of Topics that relate to Victoria, the community, events, real estate, trends, market conditions and lots of Pfunn stuff in between.
Over the next few posts about Moving to Victoria BC, Canada’s Retirement Capital, we will cover many of the topics and information that we have received inquiries about over the years.
However is you need any immediate answers or wish to receive additional information about Greater Victoria and Moving here, please allow Peter and Linda Pfann to be of assistance to you, we pride ourselves with our no pressure, old fashion service, we welcome your questions and feedback.
This Information was provided to you compliments of Victoria BC Realtors, "Peter and Linda Pfann", Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA)®. CPCAs are committed to providing exceptional service, and have supplemented their professional training by learning about the unique and changing needs of the 50+ population.
Make sure that the professionals serving you have taken the time and made the commitment to learn more about YOU! To find CPCAs in good standing in your area, go to www.CPCAcanada.com. or www.pfanntastic.com and www.victoriasm.com. To Find additional Victoria, BC, Canada, Senior Focused Resources, please visit "The Elder Friendly Community Network" at www.efcn.ca.
To Find out how we serve Greater Victoria Boomers and Seniors and their families with their real estate plans and needs in and around Greater Victoria BC, please call Peter and Linda Pfann in Victoria BC, Canada at (250)-213-9490 or email@example.com.